1. Where were you born, and what year?
New York, 1977
2. Where do you live now and what is it like?
In Rockaway Beach, formorly San Diego CA, East Hampton NY, Wellington New
Zealand (Go ALL BLACKS!!!....Alex you better not erase that you Vickie!!!!)
3. When & where did you start surfing & who influenced you to do so?
Grew up here in Rockaway Beach, started surfing at 91st at around 10 years
old...When I was younger there was a pretty strong group of surfers here in
Rockaway, i always looked up to Dennis Farrell, his sons Sundance, Damien,
Dylan, Pete Egan, the Reens (Sean, Pat, and Timmy) Fernando, Little John, Mike
Light, Billy Burns, Buddy! There was a good mix of older guys and younger guys.
I remember always being down at 91st with one of my best friends Liam Greaney,
all we did was surf and talk about surfing...it was a good scene down there,
nobody from out of town ever paddled out anywhere near the end of the rocks...I
remember alot of fights, broken boards, windows...never crowds! Those years
really carried me through to where i am today, still surfing more then ever, my
whole life really revolves around surfing...
4. What was your first board?
5'10" G&S swallow tail with channels
5. Who do you admire most in all of surfing?
gotta be slater
6. What are some of your favorites? ( color, food, drink, book, movie, musician,
Blue, Fish Tacos, Water (used to be beer!! But i drank my alotment, if you know
what i mean) Einstein...yeah right..anything with pictures, Backdraft "you go,
we go!!!"..AC/DC....Al Merrick!!!!
7. What's your most memorable surfing moment to this day in your life.
North Shore, Hawaii
8. What is one of your most proud moments and why?
Doing a Haka when i lived in New Zealand, I was playing with a Moari rugby team,
and it was a real honor to do their haka with them before each game, something
really sacred in NZ, really comes from the heart and soul of the people, Real
9. What are the goals you are still working toward?
Right now all my goals really reside with work and starting a family with my soon to be wife Colleen. I’m really focusing on staying fit and healthy, I've done alot of damage to my body over the years playing rugby and being a knucklehead. I want to be able to surf with my kids and have them try and keep up with me!
10. What do you want more than anything out of your love for surfing?
To share with people who may never get the chance to experience what we